Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bike Wreck, Sort Of

So, it's Monday morning, and I'm biking to work. I'm heading south on 9th Street, intending to turn left onto Channing. As I approach the intersection, some frakking ... dude (I'm trying to be nice here) is riding west on Channing. I slow down a bit, with the intention of letting him pass through the intersection before I get to it. As he approached the intersection, he pulled his bike up into a wheelie. But, he wheelied it back too far, and fell over backwards. I was successful in my attempt to not laugh. And I figure, I can speed up and get through the intersection, turning onto Channing, while he's picking himself up and getting re-situated on his bike. So I start making my turn.

But, he apparently got himself picked up and re-situated fairly quickly, because as I'm turning, he starts riding ... right into me. I try to swerve out of the way, but don't make it. He crashes into the right side of me and my bike. Luckily, he had hardly any speed, and neither did I, as I braked while swerving, so it didn't even knock me over. My immediate reaction is to say, "Oh shit! Sorry, dude!" He looks at me for a few moments, and then says, "Are you alright?", to which I reply, "Yeah, I'm fine." (Which was true. My leg was slightly sore where he hit it, but no actual injuries.)

I'm about to ask him if he's okay, when ... he proceeds to FAKE-SLAP ME. Seriously. He makes a slapping motion with his hand, about a foot away from my face, as he makes a "Pssshhht" sound with his mouth. So I just ride away.

What a frakking way to start the week, eh?

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I should add that his eyes were hella bloodshot. I'm positive he was drunk, stoned, otherwise high, or all of the above.

Baron von Chop said...

I think you should have fake-curbed him. But not really. Just fake-ly.

Actually, my Captcha word is "totate." Next time you see him, you should totate him. That'll learn 'im.

bluefish said...

Gnarly.

That's a California word, right? Am I speaking your language? Did I just say something in Californian?