Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Had a Dream Last Night

Well actually, it was this morning, not last night. I know this because I got up to go to the bathroom, then went back to bed, and this happened after that.

I already told this dream to a couple of people, and was going to tell more, but then I figured rather than re-telling the story over and over to anyone who does not appear to be dreadfully bored by my telling, I'd just post it here. :) Supposedly, recording your dreams when you remember them (or telling someone, or whatever) helps you to remember them more often, so here we go.

So this morning, I dreamed that there had been a power outage during the night, and thus my alarm clock did not go off and wake me up at the proper time. By the time I actually woke up, figured out what had happened, and figured out what time it actually was, it was 11:00 AM. So I basically decided "Screw it; at this point, I might as well just take the day off as a sick day." So, for some unremembered reason (no doubt it made perfect sense in dream-logic), I then tried to borrow various people's phones in order to call Ryan and ask him to email my boss to say that I wouldn't be coming in. For some reason, this wasn't working out and I couldn't get a hold of Ryan. I don't remember the details any more, but I do remember one moment of someone who's phone I was trying to borrow saying that they didn't have Ryan's number in their phone, so I looked it up in my phone and started telling them. I no longer have any idea of what happened with that and why that didn't work out, but it didn't, for whatever reason. Eventually, I gave up on trying to contact Ryan, and decided that I could probably send the "I'm sick today" email myself. So then I began trying to borrow various people's phones so I could send that email! I remember having all sorts of difficulties with that too, although I can no longer remember what said difficulties were. In the end, before the situation got resolved, my actual alarm clock did go off and wake me up for real. Last I remember in the dream, it was now 1:00 PM and I still hadn't managed to alert anyone at the office that I would not be coming in that day. LOL.

4 comments:

Baron von Chop said...

This morning, the only dream I remembered having involved the Endless from Sandman, but as I was reading your blog, I remembered one of my other dreams.

It was "one of those dreams where you're back in school," and I had a class that I had to go to but it was several weeks into the semester and I had never managed to get to this class before, so I wasn't sure exactly when or where it was. Apparently it was only once a week and it lasted 15 minutes, and I could never find it before those 15 minutes were up.

As I tried to find the paper that had my schedule on it, I remember that Dr. Huenemann and someone else were hanging out in my dorm room, talking philosophy. I couldn't figure out where my class was, though, or where I had left the textbook for it, and it kept getting later and later, and I was sure that the class would be over soon.

I was glad when I woke up and realized that I was done with college. :)

Kyle said...

Hahaha. I've had dreams very similar to yours more than once. In mine, though, it's never that the class only meets once-a-week for 15 minutes. It's generally more just like I somehow hadn't known that I was in this class. I never know if I should start attending and work my ass off to get a barely-passable grade, or if I should withdraw from the class, or just continue not going and take the 'F'. ;)

Circuit 23 said...

haha well if, in waking life, you end up sleeping in and making yourself late for work, i'd be happy to call in and pretend to be Dad and get you a sick day. ;)

Elizabeth E. Grey said...

@lord admiral, @kage
seriously, i have that school dream all the time, though mine is usually more like kyle's, where i find out at the end of the semester that i'm enrolled in a class i haven't been attending. i HATE that dream.
for the record, i dreamed about leonard nimoy last night. :D